Statement from President David Chard Regarding Immigration Ban
Wheelock College President Dr. David Chard issued a statement on January 30th regarding President Trump’s recent Executive Order banning immigration from 7 predominantly Muslim nations. You can read the full text of Dr. Chard’s message here.
Next IDIC Meeting Date:
Thursday, Feb. 9th
All Are Welcome to Attend
- Professional Development Day: Approximately 140 faculty and staff members came together on January 11, 2017 for the 2nd annual Professional Development Day. Click here to access the agenda from the day. Faculty and staff are encouraged to complete the follow-up survey distributed by Lorie Spencer. Feedback from the survey will help define goals and next action steps regarding racial justice on our campus. Please look in your inbox!
- Weekly Newsletter: In an effort to connect the community around diversity and inclusion, the first weekly D&I E-news update was distributed campus-wide on January 30, 2017. The goal of the newsletter is to publicize all the work going on around campus, communicate institutional progress and serve as a central hub for information sharing on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, accomplishments and happenings at Wheelock. Please submit your news items by Thursday of each week to Julie Bolduc DeFilippo at email@example.com. The next submission deadline is this Thursday, Feb. 2nd by 5 PM. The goal is to distribute the newsletter every Monday.
- Upcoming: IDIC, via its subcommittee structure, has a number of priority projects in progress. Below are two projects you can expect to see finalized very soon:
- Update Diversity Page on the Wheelock web site
- Information about Employee Affinity Groups
Interested in learning more about the Institutional Diversity & Inclusion Council? Please visit us online to learn more.
Got D&I News?
Submit news items to Julie Bolduc DeFilippo at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday at 5 p.m. weekly. Click here to access the submission form.