Wheelock College believes in the power of social media and the authenticity of our students’ voice. The Social Journalist Corps is a select group of students with the skills and equipment to share the student experience with the Wheelock community and the community at large. We provide corps members with access to select Wheelock College social media properties and with an iPad and other hardware to help get the job done.
Why should I join the corps?
- Speak on behalf of students, amplifying student voices to wide audiences
- Build your résumé
- Build your online presence
- Gain access to resources to advance your skillset
- Gain guidance and coaching from faculty, experts, and professionals in the field
- Regularly create and curate great content for various social media platforms
- Capture campus events (e.g. livetweeting, short videos, blogging)
- Promote upcoming student events
- Current Wheelock College Student
- Knowledge of campus
- General interest and excitement for social media
UPDATE 9/19/14 3:30 PM: All positions have been filled. Thank you for your applications! We anticipate opening applications again in Spring 2015 for the 2015-2016 school year.