We are excited to announce the creation of a new Alumni Admissions Ambassador Program at Wheelock!
The Offices of Admissions and Alumni Relations are seeking enthusiastic Wheelock alumni to share their experiences and insights regarding Wheelock College with prospective undergraduate and graduate students during the admission and enrollment process. Volunteers will be expected to commit to actively participating in the program throughout the year, but each alumna/alumnus can choose what types of activities they would like to engage in.
- Having your name, program/major, graduation year, job title, and email address listed on the Wheelock website for individual, direct correspondence with prospective students.
- Participating in phone calling campaigns to speak with accepted students.
- Sending individual emails to accepted students.
- Attending on-campus admissions events such as Fall Open Houses and Accepted Students Days.
- Attending off-campus admissions events such as, but not limited to, regional receptions with an Admissions or Alumni staff member, individual or small-group gatherings, and college and graduate school fairs.
- Participating in online admissions events such as webinars and online chats.
- Engaging with accepted students via our Private Social Network, a digital platform that allows participants to share their admissions or other academic and social experiences among a cohort of other accepted Wheelock students.
- Engaging prospective students and their influencers via popular social media such as, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Generating and soliciting referrals of prospective students who may be a good fit for Wheelock College.
In addition to knowing that they are actively helping to advance the College’s mission, Alumni Admissions Ambassador volunteers will receive recognition from the President of the College and the President of the Alumni Association during the President’s Reception and State of the College Address portions of Reunion Weekend, as well as being listed in the alumni magazine and on the Wheelock website.
If you are interested in participating, please sign up online and we’ll be in touch regarding next steps.
Thank you in advance,
Lauren Marquis ’11MS
Assistant Vice President for Alumni Relations
Assistant Vice President for Admissions